How to shop during a holiday season without hurting your bank account?
With holiday’s season around the corner, one word that comes more often in our mind is “shopping” .
While it is very exciting to see all the deals posted on many retailers and companies website and as fancy banners on mall’s doors. One can easily get caught in a shopping cycle without even realizing and thus hurting or over going their savings or holiday’s budget. .
Below I have listed few important tips to consider during a holiday’s shopping season.
1. Make a list of all the possible items that you need.
2. Prioritize the list from the most wanted to least important.
3. Assign an approximately dollar value to each and every item on your list. Set aside that amount in your bank account and keep a running total of amount remaining every time you buy an item from that list.
4. Make sure to check out the deals , saving coupons, Groupon for best price and if possible subscribe to the retailers email to keep track of special events or online offers.
5. Make sure to check the return policy of stores of each item you buy and keep the receipts in safe place for hassle free returns or store credit if you do decide to return the merchandise.
6. Make sure to check with your credit card company the limit on your card and if possible authorize them to put a limit on your account. This is one of the ways of not getting carried away on impulse shopping.
7. Last but not least be aware of your budget and financial situation and buy items that are absolutely necessary thus giving yourself room to be treated with that special watch or perfume that you have been always waiting for.
These are few of the tips that I have compiled based on my personal shopping experience and budget planning. Hope this helps and Happy Shopping!!!!!